The Issue: The process of transporting produce from the farm to the table comes with several risks including contamination, over‐ripening, and even spoilage. The refrigeration of trailers does a great deal to
protect the produce in transport, but more can be done.
The Solution: Incorporating Quail Systems into the refrigerated trailer will reduce loss, improve food safety, and improve the quality of the produce delivered.
Ozone provides an opportunity to dramatically reduce risk and increase profits.
• Eliminates the Use of Many Chemicals
• Monitor and record in transit temperature levels and address any issues
• Reduce ethylene gas and the risk of delivering a ruined load
• Ability to sanitize between loads meeting FSMA requirements
• Maintains the integrity of the load even when delays occur
• Extends the shelf life of food products
• 50% more powerful and works 3,100 times faster than chlorine
• Kills pathogens like e. coli, listeria, and salmonella upon contact
• Chemical free and leaves behind no toxic byproducts or residues
• Can be utilized in water or air applications
• Safer for employees than conventional chemicals.
• Eliminates the use of conventional disinfection agents and toxic chemical usage and produces no toxic by-products.
Ozone has received numerous government and oversight organizational approvals.
• FDA Approval for Use on Food in 2001
• GRAS Status
• USDA Approves Use of Ozone on Organic Products
• FSIS Approves Ozone for Final Rinse Sanitation
• Installed product will be NSF Registered
• Approved for HACCP Plans