The Issue: The process of transporting produce from the farm to the table comes with several risks including contamination, over‐ripening, and even spoilage. The refrigeration of trailers does a great deal to
protect the produce in transport, but more can be done.
The Solution: Incorporating Quail Systems® into the refrigerated trailer will reduce loss, improve food safety, and improve the quality of the produce delivered.
Ozone provides an opportunity to dramatically reduce risk and increase profits.
• Eliminates the Use of Many Chemicals
• Monitor and record in transit temperature levels and address any issues
• Reduce ethylene gas and the risk of delivering a ruined load
• Ability to sanitize between loads meeting FSMA requirements
• Maintains the integrity of the load even when delays occur
• Extends the shelf life of food products
• 50% more powerful and works 3,100 times faster than chlorine
• Kills pathogens like e. coli, listeria, and salmonella upon contact
• Chemical free and leaves behind no toxic byproducts or residues
• Can be utilized in water or air applications
• Safer for employees than conventional chemicals.
• Eliminates the use of conventional disinfection agents and toxic chemical usage and produces no toxic by-products.
Ozone has received numerous government and oversight organizational approvals.
• FDA Approval for Use on Food in 2001
• GRAS Status
• USDA Approves Use of Ozone on Organic Products
• FSIS Approves Ozone for Final Rinse Sanitation
• Installed product will be NSF Registered
• Approved for HACCP Plans